Václav JAKŮBEK 12.5.1976, Married, with children
Vysoká u Havlíčkova Brodu, Czech (EU)
- Business Academy – electronics (Ostrava, 1993)
- High school of economics (Prague, 1997)
- Disney Academy – intensive course of sketching and hand drawing (Milan, Italy 2006)
2009 – present
Producer / Lead Graphic designer
BBG – Entertainment (Game studio Munich, GERMANY)
• Art-working, designing – All visuals, from In-game graphics, models and animations, user interface, over marketing materials, up to app-stores content, localisations and translations.
• Coordinating small international team, members consists of designers, programmers, music composers, voice actors…
• Working on educational applications, communicating with American and Germany native lectors, teachers and therapists .
2009 – present
Lead Graphic artist
Offworldgames (Game studio US, SF)
• Responsibility for all visual in-app assets, marketing materials, app-stores content,
localisations and translations.
2008 – 2009
Senior. graphic artist
Pixalon studio (Czech game developer based in Prague)
2000 – 2008
Lead graphic artist
WALT DISNEY COMPANY Mobile game studio Czech (Front game developer)
• Working on all stages of game developing process for more than eight years.
• Art-working, designing, modelling – All visuals, In-game graphics, from models, user interface, over marketing materials, up to app-stores content, localisations.
• Supervising projects (Preparing timelines and road-maps. Compliance with the deadline.)
• Investigating trends and working on proposals of new projects.
• Leading, learning and helping junior members.
• Conducting an interviews with the candidates.
• During my time with Disney I had the distinction of working on several award winning titles.
1999 – 2000
Assistant manager / software division
Verlag Dashofer PRAGUE Publisher specialising on expert databases, educational videos, on-line
publications, software, professional books and magazines.
• Responsibility of whole content of e-publication.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
• 2D: pixel art also high resolution, animation, 3D Modelling (low poly, high poly); Animation (bones, biped); texturing, User Interface, Concept art, Pre-press, Corporate design, Presentations, web-design, video/audio editing, app skinning, Scanning, Retouching, Hardware assembling & configuration (expert)
• Knowledge of performance optimization for game graphics
• Traditional hand drawing and sketching ability.
• Storyboarding; possess the ability to take a written design brief and create storyboards that clearly communicate design directives to animators and design team members.
• Clear communication skills
• People-management skills
• Ability to manage time and resources efficiently
• Good conflict resolution and problem-solving .
• Understanding of different backgrounds when working with multicultural teams.
• Positive attitude with a problem-solving
• The ability to both take and give constructive criticism and feedback.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Able to multi-task and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
• Self-motivated with an eagerness to continually learn and grow.
• Opened to new ideas.
• Deep knowledge of IT – Assembling and configuration HW, installation and setting up a
various software. Understanding basics of network infrastructures.
• MS Office, PaintShop Pro, Autodesk 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Various graphical editors and video editing software.
• deep knowledge of game developing processes
• work on all stages of game making workflow.
• co-operation with investors, project managers, designers, programmers and clients across the world
• preparation and presentation of product proposals for European, Asian and American markets
• working on distance (also as a part of virtual team)
• team leading (years of experience as a team leader)
• analysing new trends
• working under heavy time pressure and deadlines
• Czech, English, Russian basics
• constant improving of my professional skills
• further English language study
• in 1999 I was working for People in need foundation as humanitarian worker in KOSOVO war (distributing and delivering basic goods and food to people hit by war)
• 2000 – 2017 during these years I was travelling around whole Europe and part of Africa. From High Atlas, Alps, Pyrenees, over Russia, all north Scandinavian countries – up to Nordkap , Balkan, and all western EU countries. Travelling is one of my biggest hobbies.
“Vaclav is a very talented and experienced person. I work with him for 7 years. He is communicative and cooperative. He is able to lead the whole team and also work independently. He is very loyal and
June 6, 2008 Jan Andrle, Lead Programmer, The Walt Disney Company worked directly with Vaclav at Living Mobile GmbH
“Vaclav is hard worker, he is able to manage huge amout of work in short time with elegance and always add more on top. Passionate artist with technical skills, always supporting colleague and necessary key person in team.”
July 21, 2009, Jan Cabuk, Creative Director, Pixalon Studios managed Vaclav at U-Turn Media Group
“Vaclav is the person that everyone is happy working with. It was always pleasure to work with him. He is strong in his graphic skills and you would have never problems to communicate with him. Vaclav as a person and his well experienced knowledge and skills – it all together makes a great artist with which is always pleasure to work with.”
September 9, 2008 Jakub Holovsky, Level Designer, Disney Mobile Games Studio worked directly with Vaclav at Disney Mobile
HONORS & AWARDS:
more then 50 published AAA titles
1 x ICE GOLD AWARD !!! at http://www.mobilegamefaqs.com/
6 x GOLD AWARD !!! at http://www.mobilegamefaqs.com/
1 x GOLD AWARD at http://www.games-review.ru/
2 x SILVER AWARD at http://www.mobilegamefaqs.com/
2 x SILVER AWARD at http://www.pocketgamer.com
3 x AIRGAMER AWAR at http://airgamer.com/
mobile phone: +420 604 180 878, www.vaclavjakubek.cz, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
801total visits,1visits today